Discovery is an intelligent search broker that searches across multiple data sources, saving you the time it would take to search each data source individually. A user can begin a search of multiple data sources from several locations: Keeeb URL, the web using Google and Bing, or Keeeb for Office.
From Keeeb URL
For the best search results, ensure that the data sources that are most important to you are enabled before you search. Click here to learn how to configure your data sources.
- Log in to your Keeeb site. Based on your organization's subscription model to Keeeb, you would land in different user interfaces Keeeb Platform or Discovery Only (Screenshot 1, 2 respectively).
- Enter a search query in the search bar.
- If desired, pre-select the data sources for your search from the drop-down menu.
Note: If you do not pre-select data sources, the search will default to "All Sources" as the data source. On Discovery Only search page - screenshot 2 - you can not preselect your data source in your first search. However, you can do that in all consequent searches.
- Press Enter or click the icon button to view search results.
Screenshot 1 - Keeeb Platform / launching search
Screenshot 2 - Discovery Only / launching search
From Google and Bing
- Make sure you are logged in to your Keeeb site.
- With the browser extension installed and data sources connected, enter a search query into Google or Bing.
- The Discovery Panel will appear on the right of the screen. The panel will display the most relevant results from your search based on your data sources, collectively referred to as All Sources.
The search results from Google or Bing will still be displayed to the left of the screen, allowing for a side-by-side comparison of results.
From Keeeb for Office
This method requires the installation of Keeeb for Office add-ins. Please get in touch with your IT administrator to check whether your organization's subscription model to Keeeb includes Keeeb for Office.
- Open any of the following Microsoft 365 applications (World, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- In the Home tab, click on the "Keeeb for Office" icon.
- Enter a search query in the search bar and press enter
- By default, when conducting a search, Discovery searches all of your enabled data sources (All Sources).
- The most relevant results to your search term are displayed first
- Based on your search results, a group of filters will be available to refine your search.
For more information on how you refine your search, please refer to the following articles.