Discovery Search Enhancements
Release version 3.5.3 introduces advanced search syntax support for some data sources beyond Collections.
Select data source connectors now support basic fielded search as well as the use of quoted phrases, Boolean operators, and sorting results by publication date.
The data sources that support this functionality in release 3.5.3 are:
- Office 365 Outlook Mail
- Confluence (Atlassian)
- Jira (Atlassian)
- News API
Users can expect these advanced search capabilities to be supported by additional data source connectors in subsequent releases.
Additional New Features
- The Office 365 OneDrive data connector is now scoped to “All Files” instead of “My Files”.
- A new 3-dot (kebab) menu that consolidates previous user settings icons into a single menu.
- A new customizable Terms of Service Agreement is available for use.
- Background colors were removed from the document card display for easier visual scanning. PowerPoint files added to Collections will now display a carousel of slide previews on the document card display as well as in search results.
Keeeb Extension Updates
- Users will no longer be asked to login via the extension. Users who are logged into their Keeeb Platform when accessing the extension will not notice any difference in behavior. Users who have not yet logged in will see a small reminder message to log in to their KIP before collecting content.
- The collector now stores the user’s 5 most recently used folders, allowing quicker selection of a destination folder.
Other Fixes and Improvements
- The document’s collection date is now shown consistently throughout.
- The OneDrive data source connector returns search results with more speed.
- Improvements and fixes were made to search result list filters, drag-and-drop functionality, and the right-click menu options.
- Fixes were made to both email and in-app user notifications.
- A defect that prevented users from copying and moving content between subfolder levels has been corrected.
- Fixes were applied to the Data Source settings display.
- The German language translation was updated, including proper localization of the Collection button in the extension.
Video files of ~350MB or larger sometimes time-out before they are fully uploaded, especially when using Firefox.
This is due to a timeout in the browser itself that is out of our control. Try the Chrome browser instead and utilize a high-bandwidth internet connection whenever possible.
Some video files uploaded via the “Add File” button don’t correctly retain their title.
Upload files via drag-and-drop or the Keeeb extension instead.
Some pre-existing PowerPoint and PDF files uploaded to collections may not display a selection circle indicator in list view.
Switch to tile view to select these files.