Discovery Search Enhancements
Release version 3.6 continues to expand our advanced search syntax support for data sources beyond Keeeb Collections. Select data source connectors now support basic fielded search as well as the use of quoted phrases, Boolean operators, and sorting results by publication date.
The complete list of data sources that support this functionality as of release 3.6 is:
- Atlassian – Jira (KIP 3.5.3)
- Atlassian – Confluence (KIP 3.5.3)
- Forrester (limited support, KIP 3.5.4)
- m365 – OneDrive (KIP 3.5.4)
- m365 – Outlook Calendar (KIP 3.6)
- m365 – Outlook Mail (KIP 3.5.3)
- m365 – SharePoint (KIP 3.5.4)
- NewsAPI (KIP 3.5.3)
- SalesForce (KIP 3.5.4)
- Slack (KIP 3.5.4)
Leaving a Shared Collections Folder
Individual users may now leave (or unfollow) a Folder shared directly with them by another user in Collections. To access this option simply alt-click the shared Folder under Content Shared with Me and select “Leave Folder”. Note that this functionality is not currently available for content shared with a Group of users.
Other Product Enhancements
- Images displayed on document tiles are more consistently scaled, aligned, and centered. Document tiles with no image contain a placeholder graphic.
- Improved processing speeds for large file uploads.
- New, visually consistent document type icons indicating either file type or method of collection were added.
- The entire search query, including syntax operators, is now displayed with search results.
- Improved hit highlighting in fielded search results from Confluence, Jira, NewsAPI, Forrester, and Office365 SharePoint.
- A UI option to expand the snippet preview of search results was added.
- Search results from Outlook Mail now indicate if the result includes an email attachment.
- An additional Time filter to locate search results older than 1 year is now available in search results.
- The kebab menu was enhanced and the UI for all personal and administrative Settings was streamlined.
- Implemented default template text within the Terms of Service.
- Activity pertaining to Folder Notes within Collections was removed from in-app notifications.
- The ability to set an image for PPT(x) files was removed as these documents now show carousel slide previews automatically.
- Resolved an issue where advanced search operators were sometimes passed to Data Sources that didn’t support them.
- The download icon on document cards has been removed. Users retain the option to download without opening the document by right clicking and selecting the “download” option.
- Resolved an issue within the Keeeb Collector that caused users to be silently logged out of their KIP deployment.
The selector circle for documents is only visible when hovering over the document and may be too light in color for users to see easily.
This will be addressed in the next release. The functionality of the selector circle remains intact and many of the same options can be found by alt-clicking anywhere on a document tile.
When choosing to Ungroup a previously merged document, the newly ungrouped document will be “Untitled”.
Edit the newly ungrouped document to give it the new title of your choice.
The ungrouped document’s title from before the original merge is no longer available in the system.
When entering a document comment, the field to enter text may be hidden.
This will be addressed in the next release. Scroll down slightly within the comment panel and the field will appear.