Discovery Search Enhancements
We continue to expand our advanced search syntax support for data sources beyond Keeeb Collections. Select data source connectors now support basic fielded search as well as the use of quoted phrases, Boolean operators, and sorting results by publication date.
The complete list of data sources that support this functionality as of release 4.1 is:
- Atlassian – Jira (KIP 3.5.3)
- Atlassian – Confluence (KIP 3.5.3)
- Elasticsearch (KIP 4.0)
- Forrester (limited support, KIP 3.5.4)
- m365 – OneDrive (KIP 3.5.4)
- m365 – Outlook Calendar (KIP 3.6)
- m365 – Outlook Mail (KIP 3.5.3)
- m365 – SharePoint (KIP 3.5.4)
- NewsAPI (KIP 3.5.3)
- SalesForce (KIP 3.5.4)
- Slack (KIP 3.5.4)
- “More” and “Less” buttons on result cards to preview longer results list summaries.
- An updated UI was introduced to all User and Administrative Setting pages
- Implemented support for automatically creating a default folder structure for new users
Fixes and Improvements
- Updates to the Document Types result list filter
- Screenshots created using the collector now retain their domain origin when being searched
- Enhanced the responsiveness of the search bar and data source drop-down; the search bar will also now expand fluidly to support longer query terms
- Bing data source results no longer display last crawled dates when a published date cannot be located.
- Search results matching attachments on Confluence pages now open the attachment directly
- Improved collection logic when bookmarking complex websites.
- Improved the consistency of user feedback when uploading new documents to Collections
- Folders selected from the navigation panel are prevented from auto-scrolling, eliminating an occasional “jumpy” UX
- A regression that prevented users from seeing the field to enter Comments without scrolling downwards was fixed.
- A “Light” theme UI option was implemented for Discovery users (not applicable to Keeeb Collections).
- Folders now load progressively by category in Collections UI, which means users see reduced loading times for “My Content”
- Various improvements to loading times, animation, and API calls to increase performance.
- Fix to in-app notifications of updates to nested folders
PowerPoint files in Collections display a default thumbnail image instead of a static slide preview image in List view.
Will be addressed in the next release to show a static preview image from the deck.
Manually reordering Collections documents via drag and drop does not retain the new ordering.
Will be addressed and the expected behavior clarified in the next release. By default, documents within a folder always appear newest to oldest according to date of collection.
The “Set Image” option in Collections is not allowing users to save a new document preview image.
Will be addressed in the next release to allow users to save a new document preview image.